Sunday, September 04, 2005

Road Trip Apathy, the chaos of Life and the Greatness that is Emma!

This blog is a special blog of thankyou to Miss Emma for being so great as to give me her car when she got a new one! I am mobile again after nearly a year without a vehicle and it is fantastic...went on the road trip from hell on saturday with winnie and james to pick the car up and drive it back to Canberra...Hmmm perhaps I should start at the beginning!

Original plan was to get a lift with Christopher on Friday afternoon and drive back friday night but it was mutually decided by those around me that this was a crazy plan of maddness and death as there would be no one to help if it broke down and the forcast was for storms! Common sense after a difficult battle finnaly beat fly by seat of pants plan into submission and it was decided to go in james car on saturday morning so he could follow me back...it was also decided I should drive part way there to get used to driving again this meant james navigated....Big Mistake....we got lost and lost again and then lost some more while I tried hard not to panic about sydney traffic (even on outskirts this is scary for me) Evenetuallly we made our destination after much detouring and laughter had ensued.
On the trip back I took the wrong turn off and we ended up eating dinner in Gouldburn at a truck stop with the most apathetic waitress I have ever encountered...being a waitress myself for many years I can empathise with apathy, but this truely was the most extreme case I have come across...it took me a while torealise she was actually alive and not an automated service...I am unsure if written words can do justice to this experience but trust me it was something special....speaking of special after comming home safe delaing with the horror of mounting debt in the form of a new phone bill awaiting my return I left to drop Winnie home it was around 11 and I had been on the road since about 11 that morning. I made a pretty special mistake..two whopping great big ones right in front of a police car!
I was turning at the lights and followed the dotted line around the bend and straight into the oncoming traffic's turning lane....quickly realizing my perfectly understandable mistake I turned the car and drove across the middle nature strip onto the correct side of teh road, then noticed police lights and thought better stop quick here is a driveway I'll just pull in and wait.....failing to see the no entery BUS exit ramp sign carefully concealed in plain sight just to my left! Then just to make my horror complete a bus came wanting to exit the interchange!
The police were very nice and gave me a cautionary letter with the advice to read road rules for ACT book...I think they felt sorry for the 'special' queenslander with drivers anxiety.
Dropped Winie home and thought my night would end there but not for this duck..went to civic to pick up a friend and visit a horse and then a couple of hourse later at the lovely time of 2ish was brushing my teeth at home when I noticed water at my feet collecting in pool...the bathroom has now apparently joined the other areas of my chaotic evil house in its attempt to drive me crazy...and of course this can not possibly be my fault but as it happened while I was the one brushing my teeth am certain G will find a way to cast blame on me for it..as with the Video player, remote control, dryer, and anything else that has died since I moved into the house!
Any how better go am annoying Jimmy while he tries to work....hope everyone having fun on various holiday adventures!
Cheers
Jinx
xxx

1 Comments:

Blogger Polysemous said...

Jimmy, your heroic actions are noted.

:~)

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home